CEO | LECO.MX
Systems designer and investor with a knack for the early stage of communities, businesses and products.
A few war stories from Cesar Salazar:
– That time I helped jumpstart a hackathon series from 1 city/7 participants to 15 cities and thousands of participants.
– That time I convinced the Startup Weekend folks to open their second office (after Seattle) in Mexico City. That eventually contributed to their very international approach and over 60 events/year in my native country.
– That time I co-founded a $240K “nano”-fund. Invested in 7 companies, produced net cash-on-cash returns of 11X.
– That time I joined 500 Startups when we were 10 people total. Eventually made partner and moved on at ~130 headcount and ~1,500 portfolio size.
– That time a guy broke my glasses in a fight and I decided to start an eye care company after not every retailer failed to have my prescription in stock.
– That time I joined a nascent design studio and led it through ~100 projects and its first $1M run rate.
– Oh, I almost forgot… those three other times I started a company and failed. That other time I thought I had given Richard Branson (my hero at the time) a “unique” insight only to be immediately dismissed. And that time I tried to invest in cryptocurrencies and lost 80% of value.